• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's working now Ice 07-08!!!

Corey Bechtold

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Keith! Hopefully we can hook up a couple times at least this year. In fact, I have a couple days off the first week of December, monday and tuesday I believe. Will there be walkable ice up your way by then? If you're available, I just may pay you a visit!

Quote:

kingfisher1, I'd take the wee one out as much as you can. Just be sure that the conditions are safe on early Ice.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

There'd be no way I'd take the midget out unless the ice was absolutely safe. That goes for everyone!!!! Make sure the ice is safe. We're all anxious, but make sure the ice is safe. If anything happened to the midget, I'd be terrified.

I feel very privilleged to be one of the first on ice I had several people stop to ask how it was going but nobody would get any closer than shore so it was easy to dispatch them and continue fishing. The pictures make the perch look decievingly small but they are from 11-13" and the gills are from 7-9" with too many small ones to count thrown back for a later date.

3.5 inches of ice we found today on one small lake here in the northwoods. Definately was exciting to get out and about for the first trip, even though it was a short one. Only got in 3 hours of fishing time, due to other commitments. This lake is small, notorious for large panfish, but not many of them. Lots of largies though. We managed, probably 20 largemouth and one big papermouth. My friend Chris here caught this dandy. So that will have to cure the itch, until I get back from the ice show. Oh, Little Atom Stealth, Orange and White with a Orange Nuggie was the hot item, for whats working now!! smile.gif

chris112807mediumwebviesm6.jpg

Wow! has everyone else forgetten about first ice? I am glad to see that atleast one other person has made the time to fish when the fishing is at its best. Here's my catch from today after work I did take off a little early but these were caught in less than 3 hours and less than 5 feet of water. To add perspective that perch is just a hair under 14". There was no live bait injured during todays outing. Good luck to all when you decide to hit "first ice."

another Custom Jigs and Spins afternoon

11-28-2007-25.jpg