• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Monument Valley (Utah)

Last Sunday I spent the entire day in Monument Valley and Mexican Hat. Here are a few of the many images from that day, it was hard to pick a favorite location during the five days down there, but this was definitely at the top.

The "Mittens" at sunrise. (We had a Navajo guide for this trip)

88961281.jpg

89040270.jpg

Another structure, I forget the name. (yes, I like silhouettes)

89078052.jpg

A Pano of the Mittens.

88959259.jpg

Framed up Mitten.

89072634.jpg

Inside of MV.

89073217.jpg

Boulder framing.

89071510.jpg

The road leading to MV.

89043842.jpg

Many many more to process... hope you enjoy. smile.gif

Great shots! I like #1 for a lot of reasons - sunrise color, silouettes, etc but really like the mountains way in the background. Just finishes the setting for me. Like the last one with the skull in the foreground as well. Classic "out west" photo.

WOW what beautiful work!!! All are really cool, love the last one! Man that road just has it's own glow and the skull adds that rustic touch. Next best for me is the Pano. Amazing work, thank you for letting my eyes experience a place I have never seen!

Those are some fantastic shots Mike. I like them all. I have always been a big fan of the deep blues and reds at sunset and you nailed it in that first photo. I also like the incredible DOF in the 6th photo. It gives the shot a 3D feel. That shot seems to jump off the screen. Looks like you had a great trip. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Quote:

Those are some fantastic shots Mike. I like them all. I have always been a big fan of the deep blues and reds at sunset and you nailed it in that first photo

Actually that was taken prior to sunrise, easilly confused. I love it when you can get the gradient in the sky as well. smile.gif I appreciate you guys checking them out. grin.gif