• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ready!

DEADhead

finally got all the repairs on the sled done this week. Replaced the rear axle, spacer shaft, inner rear idler wheel, plastic spacer bushing, idler wheel bearings, and new woody's carbides on the skis. Finished up this morning and checked the track alignment. Sled turned over great. track ran straight and no squeaking. Ran her across the driveway with no problems.

All we need now is some snow. smile.gif

Just booked a 4 day trip to the UP for Presidents weekend. Watching the snow falling on Friday morning deer hunting got me got me pretty worked up to pull the sleds out.

Hope we have a better winter around here this year.

Sleds came out of storage last night, boats will be put away shortly, Deer season is pretty much over so it's time to start thinking SNOW and ICE FISHING....... laugh.gif

Shouldn't have too much to fix since I didn't put too many miles on last year !

Anyone ever been to Revelsoke B.C. snowmobiling? A few guys are talking about making the journey this year, 22 plus hours one way crazy.gif but it should be worth it, if you have any tips, let me know, otherwise I'm sure a early trip to Montana will be in order.

Mike

hitman the sled was "gently used" when I bought it last year. The rear idler wheel bearing seized up and the rear axle shaft must have bent when it got hot. I replaced the whole rear end for about $60 in parts. Of course you would have known this if you read this board more often tongue.gif