• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fisherman .vs. anglers

panfishhunter

granted i havent been in this site for quite awhile, but i was imformed to read the peice on gaurdian fish. For all of you who ran pcg. and crappie todd down..did you ever think that maybe they know something you dont and that maybe that is the thing that seperates you ( the angler ) from them, who are fishermen. Quit watching your bobbers and pay attention to what is happening under your feet, you may catch more fish.

PFH:

There are lots of people who know more than me about any number of topics, and there certainly are "fishermen" who know more about crappies than this "angler."

We do a lot of kidding around on this site. I suppose there are people who take the guardian fish thing quite seriously. There also are lots who don't. I don't, and I've been fishing for 35 years. Some who have been fishing that long and longer believe in guardian fish.

Who's right? Who cares? Sometimes it's just fun to have fun. grin.gif

Personally I will answer to the term Fisherman/Fishermen. I will also answer to Fisherwomen, Fishn'Chicks, Anglers, Hey you. A guardian fish is the one fish that alerts the others to beware of the evil Angler/Fisherperson above.

--------

Fishn'Lady

Fishin'Chicks? I have heard the Dixie chicks, but the fishin'Chicks? grin.gif

Seriously, a fisherman is a Man (or fishin' chick) that seeks to catch fish

A angler is a fisherman who seek to catch fish on a hook and line.

So all anglers are fishermen, but not all fishermen are anglers.

A lousey fisherman is only one who has no fun while out fishin'

nough said!

><}}}("< ---><!>

What's a guardian fish? The same fish that causes an angler to move because the fish quit biting.

Other terms mis-understood by fellow anglers;

Beach Dog smile.gif, R-Bar wink.gif, Perry Masons cool.gif, Grass, Party Dudes grin.gif, Hillbillys tongue.gif, Birthday Flat, Snag Spot, The Pipe, 234 step spot shocked.gif, The Reef, Big Bar, Moon Hump...etc...

Somethings are better left unexplained...

PCG grin.gif

Flipper was a guardian fish. Flipper guarded the entire Gulf Coast of Florida. They did a t.v. show about Flipper. Flipper snitched out the Jamaicans whenever they tried to bring in a load of skunk bud by having a spastic fit in front of the ranger. rolleyes.gif
One day the Cali cartel caught Flipper on a bleeding Daiichi circle tipped with sardines. Talk about a spastic fit. shocked.gif
Later Flipper. frown.gif
And thats the rest of the story. rolleyes.gif

A guardian fish wears a red beret and keeps the bad fish away from those who they might do harm. They frequent subways and other dark and forbidden areas.

They are sometimes called the "Guardian Angel Fish".

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

The guardian stink fish just left the governorship today. Ya want to armwrestle, I use to be a navy seal, yaa knoooooooooooooow. Time to hire a worthwhile dnr commish, who knows someting about woods, prarie and water resources.

This is why I don't try to be funny very often on this site. There are so many people funnier than me. grin.gif

Pro Crappie Guide, some things might be better left unsaid, but you listed enough to start a whole new genre of literature. I for one can't wait for the explanations to follow. cool.gif

------------------
"I've driven farther before to catch fewer fish . . ."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

I wanted to be a comedian, but the Crappies called my name first. grin.gif

It isn't funny either, because I can't buy Walleyes or Bass....I just get the by mistake fishing the Crappies (Cropus' Delecti)

PCG