• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Widgeons

buzzsaw

A buddy of mine took me out to some of his migrating duck holding area's and we were able to get a few Widgeon and Bufflehead ducks today. We also saw Pintails, Ringnecks and Goldeneye. It was nice to still have some fall colors in the area's we were taking pictures.

88362929.jpg

88370655.jpg

88373330.jpg

88371380.jpg

The hen Bufflehead.

88369018.jpg

And the bonus was an eight point basket rack buck.

88367282.jpg

Not a bad day. smile.gif

Nice shots Mike. I need to get down your way some time and look for some of the waterfowl that are a little more scarce up here. I rarely see a widgeon or pintail up this way.

Thanks Dietz and Jim! Mike, we talked about this in the past and you just let me know when you can get away or plan on coming down to the cities and we can make the rounds. I don't normally see Widgeons here too often, it's in the spring and the fall that I target migrating species coming through and staying around for short periods of time. I have a few locations that are generally pretty decent.