• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FIRST ICE

My dogs water dish had 3/8 inch of ice sunday (11/11/07) morning some of the Marinas backsets were skimed over also cool.gif.Water temps in the canal are at 40* surface water temps in the lake are at 45*surface.These cold nights stay like this we might be on the ICE by Christmas Im keeping my fingers crossed I am ready for some HARDWATER this new Marcum is getting pretty restless wink.gif.The smaller bodies of water are low and Im sure they are cooler than the Big O so just maybe grin.gif.

Quote:

That slush was horrible!

About 15 years ago we got slush like that and I got to run behind and push a snowmobile and dogsled in to the north shore from Shackelton! That was fun!

I'm pretty sure I was out there that year around Shackelton pushing dog sleds and snow mobiles!!That was UNREAL!!That was day one of a five day trip,after beating ourselves to death recovering all the gear we packed it up and went home..I think I was around 22 or 23 years old at the time and the gear and clothing we had was crude at best.Thats one trip I will NEVER forget.

All you kastmaster, sidewinder fans don't know if you heard about the new Acme Frisky Fish. 1/16 oz. comes standard with a single sidewashed hook excellent for tipping a Maki Plastic on wink.gif and the 1/8 oz. comes standard with a treble. I ordered a few of these in our favorite Acme colors and will post a review down the road.

Steve - Ordered your LD-4B blades yesterday and will give you a hollar when they come in. As usual I couldn't contain myself as par for the course this tme of year waiting for ice. I ordered some Lindy Rattl'n Flyers, a couple bait pucks, more line and got a pretty good deal on 300 yds of 2 lb. test P-Line Flouroice to try...

Todd - I'll give you a hollar later.

Big Johnny Ice - What's happening, how's Tracy doing?

Quote:

Big Johnny and I have been using the P-Line CX Premium and like it very much. But I heard the Flouroice is the chit, will see...

I've used em both and from what I can tell they are the same line just that the floroice is packaged in smaller quantities for icefishing. One of those marketing things grin.gif I have been working that floroclear for at least two seasons now and it's great stuff all the way! I just buy floroclear because it comes in bigger spools. I use the 6lb for walleye/laker jigging and the 2lb for panfish action. You will be pleased with that line Timmy wink.gif

Quote:

Hey Tim,let me know how that P-line floro works out for you.

Last time I spooled up with a floro based ice line I couldn't rip it off the spool fast enough!!

Pure floro like Vanish sucks for a main line but this stuff is floro coated and works great on spinning reels for icefishing purposes. I've had nothing but great luck with 2lb floroclear/floroice over the last couple seasons and won't use anything else for panfish wink.gif Great knot strength and holds up very well, fish after fish after fish after fish after fish grin.gif

Right on! When we stood at Oneida Creek looking out to the lake it was locked up tight with birds sitting on the ice! Not to mention the ice chucks catching our line drifting through the barge canal. The small pond down the road from Joel's Steak house where the geese are was locked up solid and the geese were laying on the ice, yeah baby!