• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to carry an auger???

swedishpimple

I use an extra tub sled attached to my portable. I put all my other dump in there too. That way I don't start with a mess in my portable tub. This option seems cheaper than having someone weld me somesort of rack. Also that way you don't have an ugly rack on your sled when you hare on the trails.

Ideally you would want it on the front of the sled. The main reason is its out of the snow cloud that kicks up behind the snowmobile. Same snow that sticks to your back will find its way into your carb intake. Grrr...

I've got mine on the back however. The back is definitely a simpler solution for building a rack, which is why mine ended up there.

This has been kicked around a little - do a search in all categories (auger rack) - I came up with a good way to haul mine / at least I am happy with it. I mounted 2 boards on the rear handle bar (or what ever you call it – bumper maybe - right behind the trunk). I drilled holes in the boards and with long bolts, bolted the two boards sand wedging the bumper. I then mounted an atv auger carrier on the board. I have a picture if you would like to e-mail me or if someone wants to post it... [email protected]

I finally looked into posting pics - here you go - I should also note that I used some scrap oak boards I had around - very stong and with the rear suspention easy on the auger

1816713585_3ffb190d2f.jpg1817716246_f600dfe765.jpg

1817753224_1b0690f369.jpg

Thanks Hanson - I was really pleased - with an auger extension on there, the blade portion sticks out quite a ways, but you can beat the price! The auger mount is Mad Dog. Only problem is I had to go buy a new auger mount for my ATV.

Sorry swede - just saw your post - I ordered them from a guy in Michigan on-line. For the life of me I can't remember the guys name or company name - I even googled it - It is basically rubber that was cut and made to fit a couple of buckets.