• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vehicle hit and run at ripley

polaris boy

well this was my first year going there by myself and managed a doe. come out of the woods to notice my red and silver 1997 ford f-150 had been hit in the box area. dented and scratched. I was hoping for a note, nothing. I was very upset that someone can consider themselves a bowhunter let alone a real person. THis saddens me because i have 500 dollar deductable. Being 23 with a house and a 15 month old daughter money is short. If anyone knows who did it i wont have the cops involved if they give me 500 dollars for insurance. The vehicle was green cus there was green paint left behind. The following was wrecked. Box dented. tailight smashed. bumper smashed. Oh ya my doe was over 9 years old. thanks guys

Sorry to here this. Maybe one should report it as a hit and run. You never know they might get caught. I would maybe hang around and see if there is a green vechile around the camp tomorrow. Does the camp take vechile numbers as they enter the camp? Might be one way to find out who hit you.

10-4 HL,

There's about 2,200 or more people drawn for the hunt and the line of vehicles waiting is at least a mile and a quarter long, double file. We actually clocked it when we arrived.

They have all the license plate numbers, make, model and color of the vehicles that entered the hunt zone each day along with the owners name and city they live in.

It would take some cooperation from the officials to weed through it all but you could narrow it down quite a bit and maybe have the police check those matches for damage.

Might be alot of work but it could be worth $50/hr to you. One way to look at it.

P.S. Nine year old?! I didn't know they made deer that old! What did she weigh? Congrats on a fine trophy!