• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Creeping peep

MNice

While practicing today, my shots were creeping high by a few inches. I figured it out to be when I draw, and hold for 20-30 seconds, my peep creeps up the string. It's an angled peep with the rubber tied to the cables to align. Being a beginner I hope this question doesn't sound to dumb, but should the peep sight be tied in position? There is a serving like tie about an inch above, but I think it should be directly above to keep it locked in. Any thoughts??

Thanks!!

Thanks, I also just got off the phone with the cabela's archery dept. & the ties just slide up or down, with some force. I was able to slide them into position and it holds in place very well now.

Thanks again!

Are you talking about the peep hole itself moving or the other end, where it is tied to the cable? My peephole itself is set into the string in a loop so it never moves. The end tied to the cable has come untied occationally, but retying that knot itself should make no difference if you are off a little in terms of position on the cable, correct, as long as it pulls the peep on the string, which has not moved, open to view?

Deitz, sorry to be Mr. Specific... grin.gif But you mean the peep hole itself needs to always remain in the same spot, correct? If the rubber hose comes loose from the cable on the other end and I tie it back to the cable a little off of where it was tied, it should not make a difference as long as it stretches and pulls the peep hole to the fully open position, correct? The key is to make sure the peep hole itself is not moving, not where the other end of the rubber hose is tied?

Thanks stratosman and Deitz. That's what I thought. My peep appears to be solidly achored into the string itslef but I will doublecheck. What can really ruin your hunt is if the hose comes loose or the pulls off the peep and you have to adjust so I spend time first light goinv over my bow and inspecting all the components. I had the hose pop off the peep itself during target practice right when I was drawing so I always make sure it is seated tightly against the peep first thing now.

one of the best ways to tied the peep in, is too compress the limbs and take pressure off the string. then using one piece of serving thread, start at one end with a loop wining back over itself until close to the peep. run it thru the opening the peep makes in the string going past the peep and then start wining the string again. make about 7-8 wraps. take a second peice, loop it and start wining it along with the bowstring. make 7-8 wraps, run the end you are wining with thru the loop then use pliers and pull the loop back thru, this will pull the end with it. the peep should not move because both ends are pulling against each other.

O