• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hockey Fans

berfish

THis topic has been dead for a while. I'll try to spice it up.

How are the Wild going to be this year?

How are the gophers and any other WCHA team gonna do?

I think the Wild will be about the same as they were last year. Not enough talent to compete with the elite teams.

Now the gophers...I haven't any idea how they will fare. Lost a few key players but once again have a nice group of freshmen coming in.

Lets hear some thoughts

bf

Who's going to tend net for the goph's this year? Frazee or someone else? I have little doubt of good offensive production from some key Sophomores, but defense might be a concern.

UND seems to be everyone's favorite to win WCHA. SCSU lost their goalie, Denver lost key players, UMD lost best two players.

My favorite thing about the WCHA is there are 5 big dogs (UM, UND, UW, CC, DU) and 5 under dogs (UMD, MSU, AA, MT, and SCSU). My favorite years are when one or two of the smaller schools are competing for national ranking amongst such a tough conference. It would seem that this year the smaller schools will have a better chance than ever to compete for spots 3-5. INCH is picking Michigan Tech to do very well this year, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Wild should be better than last year. Same team playing together again means chemistry is going to be there right off the bat. They've also added some players who should help as well.

Not sure about the gophs, I haven't followed their offseason too closely, but as always I'll be rootin for them.

The Wild defenseman need to step it up. I like the addition of Sean Hill. Not afraid to throw his weight around even though he is out for the first 19 games this year. I like to see what this Petr Kalus kid can do that we got from the Bruins in the Manny trade. I heard he is the real deal Holyfield. Has speed and a heck of a shot.

I agree the Wild defense has to get much more physical. Curtis Foster in particular bothers me - big guy but he seems shy about throwing his weight around. I think this seasons success will depend totally on injuries. If Gaborik is out for an extended period of time they will have problems. I can't wait til they play Anaheim - hopefully Boogaard will put the hurt on Brad May for sucker punching Kim Johnson in the playoffs last season. Anaheim also picked up Bertuzzi - another reason to not like that team.

I'll be watching the Alexandria Blizzard in the NAHL. One of the nephews is on the team, trying to get noticed by a college program. Their season starts Wednesday when the league opens in Blaine. I'm planning to see the games on Friday.