• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BE CAREFUL

LundExplorer

To all venturing out on the ice

Be careful out there guys, two kids ages 5 and 6 from Burns Twp in Anoka County died today as a result of falling thru thin ice on a neighborhood pond. The other child age 2 is in in critical condition.

Please be careful.

TL aka LundExplorer

Now don't think all of us from Detroit Lakes have problems...but 2 trucks went into the drink last night up here. They parked on the edge of the ice and SPLUSH!!! The ice in the state isn't good yet. Be careful. I pray for the two kids who died and for the two who are still alive. Very sad lesson indeed!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

What a horrible thing to have happen. I'm also a parent of young children. Makes me shudder at the thought. My prayers go out to them.

Please all, early ice is nothing to mess with. You really have to know your stuff and even then things can happen. We don't want to lose any of you so please, please, please be ultra careful out there.

Everyone,
if you live even remotely close to a pond or lake, please explain over and over to your children about the dangers of thin ice. Heck, take them out there and show them how dangerous it can be. Better a little time taken to be safe.

I can only imagine the pain the parents must be suffering right now.

There is a little lake about 2 blocks from my house that has had ice on it for over a week. You see little foot prints walking down to it and it scares the dump out you to think of what could happen. And now something like this happens. What a tragedy!!!

Parents please watch you kids.

The really sad part is that the water was 2-3ft deep. Not a problem for adults, but just as deadly as a bathtub or 5gal bucket to children.

I grew up on a lake and fell through more times than I can count on thin ice in the fall & honeycomb ice in the spring. NOW I know why my father has grey/silver hair and mom colors hers. Stupid, stupid, stupid me.

My prayers go out to that family. If the Lord didn't watch over little boys there'd be no men.