• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trailer size?

outdoor ran

I've been looking at buying a trailer with a ramp from mernards. Like to spend less then a grand. I drive a suv so I need to find one big enough to put a 3 man portable shack and a 4 wheeler in. What size would you recommend. I'm thinking 5 by 8 if I put shack on its side or maybe 5 by 10 would be better. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

I got a similar 5x8 at Gander and it just isn't big enough for me to fit both an ATV and my Fish Trap. The ATV is a Polaris 500 X2 which I think is 93" by itself. You don't want to pull your ATV all the way forward or you might get too much tongue weight. I say go 5x10 and try to find a trailer with tires larger than 13". Good luck

I would go 5x10 or 5x12. I have a 5x8 and I can get a 700 sportsman and my otter cabin on it but I have to put the otter sideways and on its side so all the dump from the road goes right inside it even with a cover on. And even then I can JUST BARELY get it on there with the ramp up. It's not easy on the otter either and it has to be empty. Seats out etc. No way a shack with seats in it would fit. Go large, you won't be sorry.

i got a 7x8 aluma trailer and i can fit my otter magnum and atv on there side by side. i even stack another magnum on top of the other one and just strap them down. works good. Not to mention the tires are bigger than most of the newmans.

I had a similar situation last fall Ran, GO BIG. I bought a 4x8. I had a suitcase frabil house and my Artic Cat wheeler and now I wish I'd of spent the extra cash on a 5x10 or 5x12. Go as big as you can afford.

Last year I bought a mesh floor 4x8 from gander. I have a 98 sportsman 500. It hardly fit. I had to pull the gate pins in to clear the wheels.

As far as the mesh. I drove it to Orr and back and it was already rusting.

I took it back with no questions asked.