• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nice shot of a very strange bug. BTW, how do you like the Panasonic? I have the FZ7 and for the money, I really like mine. I just purchased a conversion lens for mine and can now reach out to 20.4X or the equivalent of around 720mm.

For a P/S it's real good. The leica lens is F2.8 throughout the zoom range. Only downfall to these Panasonics is the image gets noisy real quick in dim light or high ISO's. I picked it up used [anyone can] on eeebayy for about 200 smackers. I wish my Canon S3IS had that Leica lens! crazy.gif

The 2.8 doesn't quite do it for bug or flower shots with a P & S. Can't attain the bokeh that I like to see for close ups. That's Ok with me though. I'm not really into either bugs or flowers. As far as noise is concerned, I haven't really shot in dim situations and normally shoot at ISO 200. The grain is barely noticeable at 200 and can easily be taken care of in post processing. Yes, the Leica lens is nice. That is one of the reasons for choosing this camera. Leica has a great reputation.