• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing this Weekend?

I was reading on the other thread about this and unless there and abscurd stupid little rule about if your hit after the fielder makes a play on the ball???

Tank says - if your hit by a ball your out! He's never seen it called another way...

DC and Tank - I was with both you guys and were wrong. Three years ago they changed the rule...

Rule 8 Section 8d

When a runner is hit with a fair, untouched batted ball that has passedan infielder, excluding the pitcher, and, in the judgement of the umpire, no other fielder had a chance to make an out. The runner is not out.

1st basemen was playing inside the base line.

It took me a while to find it in the rule book.

so I guess you have to include gardening in with the fishing . . .hey fish is fish . . .lots of travel and nothing to report on walleyes since I am into the bass, thus few reports to speak of . . and of course travel and the late nights checkin' out the sights, gets in the way . . . oh yeah and golf.

Will do Todd and thanks for the invite. Saturday I was chauffering the girls to the mall and stopped in at Gander and picked up a nice walleye set-up for the fall and some fireline, rapalas and such, used my giftcard from Christmas finally.

Tuzzy fished Delta Saturday and Sunday, caught two walleyes Saturday and some smallies, on Sunday they found a few perch and banged some more smallies. I have to umpire 2 games wed., 4 games Thursday, and two on Friday. It's almost over grin.gif

Tyler left for the Albany Mepps last night for processing today and should be at Parris Island this evening for 13 weeks of basic training. I should get a phone call around 3:30 a.m. letting me know he has arrived there safely. Tough saying good bye to him yesterday. Kick butt Tyler were all pulling for you!

marineskx3.jpg

Tim, those guys at parris island will take good care of tyler.I wish him well he will learn alot in the service he will be a new person when he gets home dont take no sht from no body tyler good luck grin.gif. Todd

He'll be ok Tim, the toughest part is leaving but once you get there you're to busy to even think about anything, all the thinking is done for you. lol I was in the Army and did basic at Benning, the time goes by fast and the one thing I tell kids going in now is to buy yourself a mess of postcards and send them to love one's saying everything is going good and leave it simple and don't write back because I saw to many kids get really homesick after getting letters from home and it's like they didn't want to do anything for about 3 days and it sucked because the everyone suffers when one person fails to pull his own. Plus now parents and loved ones can go on most of the bases web site and see their training but I'm not sure about the Island.

Quote:

Kick butt Tyler were all pulling for you!

Timmy

Glad to hear that he made it in fine....that must have been tough seeing him go. Just tell yourself that all of your buds are wishing him luck and good times during the basic training. If he is anything like his Dad, he will do just fine. grin.gif

Thanks guys... Talked to his recruiter yesterday afternoon and he's doing well, should have a post card from him any day now so we can write. Told the the family no mushy home sick letters just like Lee said, I have seen these letters devistate guys at Basic. The dude that jumped off the roof received a "Jane Doe" letter when I was in basic..

Fishing is out this weekend guys, got a softball tournament in Poland this weekend I am playing in and Testa's stag party Saturday Night. Umpiring tonight through Friday and Monday night right now. Floyd tourney starts Tuesday and btw way we won the regular season champs with a 10-3 record first time in a few years the team has accomplished it. We won last night 8-6 with a 15 min. rain delay mixed in. Celebrated at The Pub after free pitchers and pizza. grin.gif The 18th and 19th weekend is booked with either the Rome Tournament Men's slow-pitch or the 12-under fast-pitch tourney in Rome after that I'm done for the season and can hang up my mask. wink.gif It will eb nice to get back to fishing...

Hey John B it's almost over wink.gif Praise Jesus! grin.gif

I want to thank my good buddy Big Johnny Ice on the wonderful care package I received for the NAIFC and the wall dog jig heads. Todd's gonna shhhhht when he see's these goods, Tuzzy can forget it shocked.gifwink.gif

What can I say John other than thank you. I was blown away to say the least a nice new shiny Tica Cetus reel, jigs (pretty jigs) and plastics the likes I have never seen. You can bet there going to Minnesota John. Thanks pal!

Great womens slowpitch championship tonight a best of 3 and El Chico's won both, 5 to 4 and 2 to 1