• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing this Weekend?

Todd - I'll call you tonight my game doesn't start till 7:30 p.m. in Floyd...

Tuzzy and I are leaning toward the barge canal for Saturday. Franky I believe will be working and leaves for Montana for a week or so today...

Tim.Im going to continue with the panfish this week end starting friday I had a half a days work today.My aunt and uncle from north carolina will be here about 12:30pm Im home so give me call any time after 3:00pm. Im looking for a particular 1/64 ounce jig wink.gifand I hope I can find some before friday HAIR TIM HAIR grin.gif.

Did some fishing with Tuzzy on the barge canal today, lost a rod and reel as I kinda lost my balance in the back of the boat and well the rod got dropped which would have never happened if I didn't get hammered at the Oktoberfest the night before at the Mannecoir. blush.gif Here's a neat pic of a bluegill and all I could think about was maybe it was a warmouth, check out the fin colors, there a trip. And one of Tuzzy with a smally, had fun, didn't catch many big gills or smallies but a rock bass and crappie were caught too.

1000602bu9.jpg

1000603wg8.jpg

1000604xh4.jpg

Here some pics of Todd and his nephew enjoying some central NY panfishing for hooey grandies... Pics are from Friday and today... Check out the deer pics as well. Awesome Todd, good job...

toddspics045ng4.jpg

toddspics046kl0.jpg

toddspics047ot4.jpg

toddspics048iu4.jpg

toddspics058sf4.jpg

toddspics059ys8.jpg

toddspics060xe0.jpg

toddspics055vq2.jpg

toddspics056lc1.jpg

toddspics057hb7.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics for me tim im going out again in the morning.I dont know where yet but the panfishing is too much fun to give up now.I thought catching perch in doubles was fun catch bluegills in doubles what a RIOT. Thanks again tim. cool.gif

Quote:

Here's a neat pic of a bluegill and all I could think about was maybe it was a warmouth, check out the fin colors, there a trip.

1000603wg8.jpg

Hey Tim my first guess was Green Sunfish as there are some in Western NY

heres one i found on google

Green.sunfish.jpg

20050819160747.jpg

and heres a warmouth which look more like a rockbass

64warmouth-med.jpg

Warmouth.jpg

hope this helps smile.gif

Back from the cabin, had a great weekend. Fishing on friday was a really good, sat the angling was grey. Fri early afternoon we caught about 2 dozen eyes. Two were 18 inchers and the rest were short of that. In the late evening I hit a rift with the flyrod and did well. I landed a rainbow that 15in and a small brown. Had a big fish break me off(never happens), missed a few, and at dark lost another that was solid. Sat we caught a few smallmouths, some chubs, and I lost a small trout. The food was great, the beer cold, and the scenery was top notch...

Heres some scenery shots...

Morning fog...

dsc00207pi9.jpg

A diff spot in the afternoon. Dad "standing in the river waveing a stick"...

dsc00206fz8.jpg

dsc00205hu7.jpg

Heres a rainbow I got fishing a beadhead nymph deep in some fast water...

dsc00204wx9.jpg

Thunder - About 3 hours over the border northwest of Kingston. Family vacation in aug and the guys go up again in the end of september. Its quite secluded and the fishing is good, some years harder than others - jig fishing structure...

dsc00467pc8.jpg

dsc00522om7.jpg

dsc00470dj3.jpg

Salmon fishing - who dosent like catching 15-30 fish on a fly rod? It would be nicer if a few thousand less people were not around...

dsc00542xk7.jpg

dsc00548fh6.jpg

dsc00558si0.jpg

Beautiful pics jay those walleyes have alot of gold in them do the salmon bite or do you have to lift them confused.gif.Im sure those big guys take you for a ride and I know what you mean about the people I see them in the picture.I see Tank has a good one on cool.gif.

How's it looking? Not to too good Todd... I miss the Hooie Grandie action something awful frown.gif

Tuzzy and Joe are going out probably Sunday on Delta. Saturday between rain drops and the Honor America Parade I'll be setting up canopies, tables and chairs for Tyler's grad party. Got the local deli here to cater so I will pick up the food Sunday around 11:30 a.m. menu includes: Italian roasted chicken, baked ziti, sausage and peppers, antipasto, garlic potato's, three kinds of breads. I have to pick up the cake too. We have 32 confirmed coming to the party.

I told Tuzzy I would put a cold plate in the fridge for him to take to him at work on Monday grin.gif The party is from 12-3 p.m. and then yours truly has 3 games to umpire starting at 6 p.m. This week I'll be busy straight through Friday with ball. Playoffs wil be starting shortly and by mid-August things will die down...

Good luck this weekend out in the boat or from shore boys!

Thunder - they will eat, sometimes theres so many fish around that they just get hooked...

As far as people, they kind of add the the whole experience. You usually get to see some broken rods and multiple people falling in...

Id much rather have it like this day when Dad, myself, and Rob and hundreds of yards of river to ourselfs packed with hundreds of salmon. This was october a few years ago, it actually snowed a little than morning. About 4 pm Tank called "no mas" and declared hes too tided and sore, he cant fight another fish...

102202cq8.jpg

Hers dad last year with a colored up coho, they seem to take a bait better than the kings...

dsc00552dh7.jpg

Hey DC,

Just dropped in to say Howdy. The fishing on Erie is starting to get deceit.

I went out of Buffalo with a guy I use to work with, and we got a limit of 10, but we worked hard for them. Two days later we got together with another guy we worked with, and went out of Barcelona(We are all retired from the same company). We picked up more than this, but this is all the rack would hold!!

268406269.jpg

2 days later I woke up at 2 am, and couldn't sleep, so I hooked up the boat, went by myself to Barcelona and got a limit, but again it wasn't what we call a "Ray Charles" bite ( Even a cool.gif can do it), and it took about all day. The good part was that the DEC was checkin' the fish for age, and stomach content, so they fillet them, bag 'em, and even get the cheek meat for ya!

We were out Thursday Night Trolling in Canadian waters, and picked up 7, and we're going again tonight.

Looks like you and Pops are spankin' 'em good !!

Keep it up !!

I just picked up a Moultrie I-60 trail camera to try and get some deer pics. I'll send you some if I get any !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why don't women put pictures of their missing husbands on Beer Cans?

Capt Bill - Great to see ya found us here. So far the best site iv'e called home. We have fun and everyone gets along. Quite a few of our minnesota friends on here. The Gissert moderates on the Ottertail board and Duffman spends quite a bit of time here.

Nice that your gettin out seeing as though we almost read you your last rights.

For those that dont know B3b - he survived(barely) liver transplant surgery a year or two ago. Hell didnt want him and god said he needed to kill more deer and catch more fish...

Im down the girlfriends parents now but i'll give you a shout this week...

Franklin - No, you sick demented individual! I did get an elbo in the ribs last night when I asked her "is it bad that all I think about is fishing"? I re-worded it with an almost. I was wondering where you have been, quiet lately...

Tuzzy and Joe caught a few smallies and rock bass in the canal Saturday.

Welcome there B3B, nice eyes there!

Tyler's graduation party went great that was from 12-3 p.m. then Amanda had a fast-pitch double header at 3:30 p.m. they lost the first game but won the 2nd and my daughter got her 1st base hit playing with the big girls. smile.gif At 6 p.m. I had 3 games to umpire and didn't get home till 10:15 p.m. last night. Had a situation come up in a game last night you dont see often. It's a you make the call deal? and here it is. Jay run this one by Pops..

Here's the situation men's slowpitch. Bottom 7th tied score, runner on 1st and 3rd and two outs. Infield and out field playing in to cut-off winning run.

Batter hits a ground ball ball between 1st and 2nd base. The batted ball hits runner in the leg 1/3 of the way to 2nd base.

You make the call...

Remember the infield is playing in....