• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st try at fireworks

This was the first time I ever tried taking pics of fireworks. Thought some of them turned out kinda cool. Any comments, good or bad, are welcome as I am willing to learn.

DSC_00901.jpg

DSC_00941.jpg

DSC_01051-1.jpg

DSC_01162.jpg

DSC_01291.jpg

DSC_01401.jpg

DSC_01461.jpg

Good work on those. I would really try shooting at ISO 100 at f8 to f16. I think you might see your colors pop a bit more and it allows for a longer exposure, 10-20 seconds, giving you more than one burst. The other thing would be to widen out on a few and get some of the trails going up, just gives you a different look. You could also take a piece of black paper and hold in front of the lens to get multiple exposures. Nice job on these, very enjoyable to look at.

I did some of the same with longer exposure time but a lot of them ended up with to many shots going off and some really bad exposure. I found it hard to get many really great shots on the fourth. I took 250 shots and got about 15-25 really nice one and about 6 really great ones. I get a second chance at the begining of August during the Pyrotechnics guild Convention in West Fargo, ND. 7 nights of some of the best shows in the world. I should be able to get another chance at improving my own shots by going back and looking at what settings worked the best and going from there.

God Job dukhunt I like the second from the end.

Paul, I had something similar happen. I shot about 250 and most of the exposures were good, I usually shot ISO 100 at F8 for 4 seconds. The problem I had was that I set the camera up before I left the house. I for some strange reason set the focus on infinity, and did not adjust it when I got out there. I was upset with the results but most everybody I showed them to was impressed. If anyone would like to join me, I am planning to try getting some shots of the Aquatennial fireworks show on July 22 (I think thats the date). It is said to be the largest display west of the Mississippi, even though it is shot from a bridge over the river. If there are a few metro guys interested in getting together for it, we should plan something out.

Tom

Paul,

Unfortunately I wont be able to make it up there this year. They look like they are definately crazy about their fireworks. I was looking through the photos and they set up a screen of firecrackers that looked like a side screen at a golf range. My jaw dropped. I will have to try to plan something out for next year. Thanks for the tip-off though. I like blowing up firecrackers. I think I got that from my dad.

Tom

Ya last time they were in fargo,they set a world record for larges super string of firecrackers. Somthing like 3,000,000 individiuals crackers all tied together. It took 5 minutes and was so ubeleivable loud I thought I was at the opening of a Ted Nugent Concert.