• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Watch

Surface Tension

Well, we have had 3 nights of teen temps here in NW Montana and I saw edge ice on the lake across from where I work 2 days in a row. Highs are only predicted to be in the 40s so we are looking good. And I never thought I would say this about NW MT, but if the SUN WOULD STOP SHINING FOR A FEW DAYS, the ice might last till noon!!!!

------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<

[This message has been edited by mjhowe (edited 10-24-2002).]

Thanks guys, I found it on the map,..wow things might be pretty frozen for deer hunting up that way. I hunt North of Hibbing, so it would be great if the bog would freeze up for us. Makes it easier walking on a guy and then the deer can't run down in the bog as easily. Sure hope we have a few inches of snow by the 9th too. Things are shaping up nicely, lets just hope we don't get Oct like weather now in Nov!!

between atwater and kandiohi the slews along hiway 12 were froze all day today.. I beleive back in 1986 on the second weekend of deer season it was -18 degrees on saturday morning. there was about 10" of ice on elizabeth and fishing was good..
A blast from the past and maybe this year too!! grin.gifwink.gif

------------------
Dwight Skillings
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by dlskills (edited 10-24-2002).]

fishfearme,
I'm from Coon Rapids, pretty close to both Round Lake and Coon Lake. Ice already on Round? Thats awesome. I'm assuming that the channel of Coon will be icing over soon then. Last year there was several icnhes on walkable ice on Coon channel by the first week or so of December. I'll check it out when I get the chance. Not long and we'll be out there.

Good Fishin, Matt.

Wobbler you meant 2 miles north of Duluth, not 20 I would assume!!

Twin lakes was almost totally froze over and parts of Big Lake had ice on it. Both lakes are west of Cloquet.

Thursday morning on alot of the harbors on Mille Lacs Bill Lundeen said he measured 5/8" of ice.....yiiiiiiiiipeeeeeeeee grin.gif

[This message has been edited by chiro (edited 10-25-2002).]

I was in Wirt over the weekend (near Marcell and Talmoon) and couldn't get into the shallow bay of Bass. There was thin ice along the entire shoreline each morning. The water temps were ~44 degrees and evening lows were 18-20. It was beautiful !! All the leaves are down. It won't be long at this rate !! We may just be ice fishing the smaller lakes during deer season.
The bogs and small potholes were well on their way to freezing over. It made for some easier grouse chasing through the bogs, since that's where most of the covied birds seemed to be, but the fishing wasn't real hot. We did get a 14 1/2" crappie though... smile.gif Bring on the ice !!