• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wow, Thundercat 950cc?!?

Kylersk

I was looking for a front box for my Cat and just noticed ArcticCat has a 950CC ATV. Not sure when it's out yet, but I want one! =)

Just got of the phone with a dealer. They expect to get them in October and the price will be around $10,500.. Ouch..

Keep in mind that due to the displacement of the T-Cat, it will be considered a Class 2 ATV and there are currently no trails designated for these machines except the OHV areas (the iron range has some areas for OHV's). All other ATV trails will be off limits until the DNR finishes their inventory of the trails.

But I agree, I would love to have one.

Didn't they reclassify atvs in Decemeber to state that anything 0-899 lbs is a class I? I had heard AC did a lot of lobbying last year to change the classes because thay were coming out with such a big machine.

Pretty soon I won't have any use for a pickup. I can hook everything on the back of an Arctic Cat and go. I own a cat now, but these machines are getting ridiculous considering what they were originally intended for. Why not a turbocharged V8? Probably only a matter of time. I guess my kitty 400 will have to do for me.

Actually the weight limit is up to 900 lbs. But as I stated in my previous post, there is also a displacement limit of 800cc. Considering the T-Cat is a 950, it will be a Class 2.

I'm sure it will be a powerhouse, but it's still a Cat. For the money, I am willing to bet you can get a much better machine for less money. Although, no one knows that yet. It's all hear-say and specs right now.

They look like small jeeps, but I do think it looks better in silver paint. smile.gif

The 950 is an Arctic Cat V-twin. The new 700 EFI is a Cat motor also.

They seemed to have went away from the kawi motors and went to zuki motors for awhile. Parts didn't seem to last too long with much abuse. That's why the 950 is skeptical to me. We'll have to see.

Are you sure on that? My '04 is a kawi V-twin and a co-worker always thought they used Suzuki motors. So, was it they used Suzuki and went to Kawi?

I honestly dont know...

Suzuki owns approx. 26% of AC shares of stock, thus the reason for so many Suzuki motors in the AC line-up. The 950 V-Twin is AC's own motor and, as Roofer mentioned, so is the new 700 EFI H1. Both motors are built in the St. Cloud plant.

Hey, "cold one sd" I am thinking I will have a 700 EFI for sale soon if your interested!!! grin.gif That thing sounds amazing, can you imagine the snow that thing will go through this winter!!! grin.gif

PERCHJR

Cold it all depends on the final price they will be putting on the BIG CAT!!! I am VERY interested, guess they will never build one that is to big for me!!! grin.gif

PERCHJR

Each Arctic Cat dealer will only be able to get two Thundercats for their first year on the market. Even though $10,500 is MSRP, who knows how much they might sell for with so few available.