• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bumblebee nest?

Tippman

Anyone ever heard of a bumblebee nest? I had chickadees in a bird house but then I didn't see them for awhile. If I tapped on the house all I could hear was a buzzing. Today I opened it up and about a dozen bumblebees took off and many others came. It appears they are using what the chickadees had built for a nest as a hive???

I guess that I have a question along the same lines, but a little different. We have a huge oak tree in the front yard where the kids have their favorite swing, and all of a sudden there are hundreds of bees swarming around the split in the tree. How do I get rid of them? I didn't see any there yesterday.

Of course keeping in mined that bumble bees are not wasps or hornets and rarely sting. Has been reported that bees are on the decline over the past few years 30% I heard. These guys are the ones who pollinate your flowers and vegetables.

They probably aren't bumblebees though swarming around your tree right?

I left the bees in the nesting box for that very reason Bobby Bass. Every one of them had loads of pollen on their back legs.