• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Redtop June 9th

Dave S

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

work your way over to HWY 25, then up to 23. Head east over to HWY 169, then head north. Once you get to Mille Lacs, you'll want to turn right at the Holiday (I think it's still a Holiday station) and head east for Wahkon then Isle.

How many are you planning on squirrel?

It's looking like just myself. Co-workers all backed out.

lep,

I will find out tonight if its going to be just me and my daughter, if it is you are welcome to just ride with us. It doesnt make sense for me to pull my big trailer up with only 2 wheelers in it. I will post tonight or tomorrow and let you know.

If anyone else in this area needs a lift let me know, if its only me and my daughter I will have room for a couple.

would be nice if we could find a lighter trailer that would haul 4 machines and we could swing through Clearwater and pick up a squirrel on our way.

I have a truck to pull your trailer and also a 4 place trailer, but it doesn't do you any good up here. sorry.

Why do you have such a big trailer? Maybe you will sell it to me. smile.gif

I have two going. Me and her.

Well, will you come down and get us? grin.gif

The trailer is my portable garage, I store my seasonal stuff in it when not in use. I also haul it to my cabin and leave it up there, with my stuff in it. What I need is a bigger truck to pull it. That, and I have 3 kids with atvs, the wife, and I, so I need a big trailer.

lep,

I now have a total of 5 people, me and 4 others, I will be packed in my truck. I should have some room in my trailer, to haul 1 more wheeler If you want me to take it up I can. I will have 3 big 4x4 and 2 sport atvs, so I should be able to fit yours in. Let me know, I would like to get them loaded by friday night, so I dont have to early saturday.

I'll tow mine up.

For reference, I usually go up the west side of the metro, past Flying Cloud Airport, hop onto 494 to 94 to Rogers. I turn off on 101 and go to 169 from there. I made better time going that way than taking 169 all the way up.

I'm going to try and make it to the trail head by 8:30-8:45 and should hopefully have different tires on the Honda for Saturday. I don't want to risk puncturing a stock tire out on the trail.

ok, that is the route I normally take. Where is the trail head? I know how to get to isle, I just dont know where the trail is. Im sure I could find it online, but its just easier to ask.

The last time I went I parked at the big parking lot that has the restaurant and the gas station next to it. Not sure if this is the right place to park though.

Good idea on the tires LEP, whatcha gettin??? Bearclaws, Bighorns, Terracross, .............????

I really like the look of the Bighorns, but they are a little expensive. I am looking into a used set for the summer, not sure yet though.

The bighorns are a little expensive but man are they worth it. I put a set on my Rincon and they are great. Granted the factory tires are horrible but it was a night and day difference from stock.

Roofer,

the last time I wanted to park in that lot, there were signs all over the place that read "NO ATV PARKING" so I opted to park at the designated lot.

As for tires, I opted for the AMS Swamp Fox. But I didn't get the Plus version with the deeper lug, I opted for the standard Swamp Fox. I'm pleased with the look after I picked them up today. Can't wait to get them mounted tomorrow. I couldn't see spending over $100 bucks per tire for the Terracross even though I would have preferred them. Maybe next time.

I haven't heard anything bad about swamp foxes on the forums. I have heard a few that didn't care for the terracross though. For that type of tire, the one that gets the most praise is the bighorn, but yes they are spendy and heavy being radial.

As for the parking, I didn't see those signs a few weeks ago, but I was the only one parking there with wheelers, so it didn't seem right. Is the other spot further up the road past the soo line? i'm pretty sure it is.

it's about half way through town, behind Drift Skippers. If you go to the restaraunt, you went too far. It's about a half block from Merit Plating.

If I'm not mistaken, you'll turn right onto 5th Ave South and the lot will be on your left side.

coming into isle on hwy 27 it will be on the right (i believe Cty Rd 17/5th ave s about 2 blocks to trail head) approximately a mile before you reach hwy 47.

Parking is behind the bus garage ( w isle st.) across the road from the ball field along the soo line.

I'll be coming up 47. I think i will park next to the sooline just after I pass over it. There is a small parking lot there that is just gravel and no buildings around. Hopefully there is room there.

Are we meeting up when we see each other or what? We could all gather near the red top trail head on the soo line. Whatever, doesn't matter to me. Let everyone know.

If anyone checks this before you leave home, Let's plan on meeting at the trail head in Isle by 9 a.m. We can either go to the cafe just off the trail, or we can find something else. There's supposed to be an A & W in Onamia which will be west on the Soo Line if that's what you prefer.

Thanks to all who were able to make it on Saturday. It was nice meeting everyone. We'll have to get another ride set up for Nemadji. Hopefully not when the trails are as dusty.

Even in the dust it was fun. Thanks to LEP7MM for starting the process. Nice to meet everyone. Good laughs at the sinkhole. Hope I can make the next ride.

Sorry wasn't able to make yesterdays ride in Isle. Rode up around Akeley with family yesterday and there was minimal dust, what a beatiful day to ride.

Nemadji is one of our favorite places to ride. We should start planning a future get together. July, August? Hopefully will be a little cooler day with an early morning rain to keep the dust levels down.