• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Doggy Diahrrea?

Bobb-o

See your vet. Could be a couple of different things. Giardia, intestinal parasites, foreign body, bacterial overgrowth, etc. If going on for 24+ hours, time to get some help. How old is your pup?

she's 3 1/2 months, vet wasnt open this weekend thats why i asked on here, plan on bringing her in tomorrow afternoon if she still has the "runs"

My pup had it.... I started to become concerned as I never had a pup that had diarrhea before. I've had my lab have severe diarrhea in the past but nothing when she was a puppy.

It turned out to be something he ate.

What I did was took him off food for the entire day. (The serving should depend on the size of your dog my pup was 10 lbs)

The next morning I fed him a 1/2 cup of rice. I feed my pup twice a day. I was feeding him a cup of rice a day for three days.

He was getting back to normal stool's by the second day so I added a little (small handful) of his food to the rice. I continued to add a little more of his dog food each feeding. By the fourth day he was 100% better.

I know there could be 1000's of different reasons why your pup has diarrhea this method worked for me. I've added boiled hamburger meat to the rice for my lab in the past.

I would have to say if your pup is playful, eating normal, drinking water, happy, playful, acting normal the pup should be ok.

If your pup is acting out of the ordinary there defiantly is something wrong.

I hope that it turns out to be something your pup has ate also!

she has had two sets of shots and has been ormed once, the Vet said that i shouldbring her in and he can worm her again just t see if thats whatwas causing this.

My 5 mo Lab had it 3 weeks ago. It was really bad. In the crate every hour overnight. I called the vet, since I had done a previous stool sample she prescribed a med. the dog took for 5 days and it did the trick after the first day.

I deffinitly would bring a stool sample in to the vet and make an appointment Get him/her checked for parasites etc... If nothing is wrong I then would Attribute it to the food What are you feeding? Food is a biggy here. A low quality food like Science Diet can sometimes cause that.

Hard to get a post in working long hours and the problem is hopefully already cured. Will post this up anyways so someone can use this home remedy in the future. Has worked for us everytime the squirts show up. Day one - no food. Day two - half ration. Day three - back to normal diet. If symptoms are still there, it's time for the vet.

For a grown dog, we take them off food and give a tablespoon of Pepto-bismo twice a day. On the second day we feed white rice and ease back to dog food the third day. With a young pup I play it safe and see the vet if it lasts more than a day.