• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First morning of "ice out" (pics)

yesterday this little lake was still 50% froze over!....this morning she was gone!...it's official grin.gifflocks of different species of migrating ducks were swimmin all over the place!..."bills"...mallards, mergansers, buffleheads, teal(and whatever else)...plus there was a blanket of fog on the lake this morning....

Frame_DSCF7184-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF7183-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF3035-1copy.jpg

Thanks Guys!.....Mike,if I remember from my duck hunting days..those ducks are "scaups"or also known as "bluebills"...one species has a purplish irredescent head(lesser scaup) and the other has a greenish irredescent head(greater scaup)...not sure which of the 2 these are....to far away grin.gif

Great pictures, I love stumbling onto that stuff, although it seems like when I do I don't have my camera! Great pictures!

I would open a couple of those up in photoshop or something and level out the horizons.

I vote #2 !!