• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Consolation deer

Well, we happened onto these deer about an hour ago, five minutes after a wolf ran across the road too fast for me to get my camera up and five minutes before the battery in our new Toyota (new to us) went to the big battery roundup in the sky. We were able to get a boost and get to the Napa store with 5 minutes to spare before closing, so we got a new battery that I just installed, but of course there went our weekend budget for a planned trip to Duluth. frown.gif

But, heck, the deer were out all over the place enjoying last year's grass newly exposed by the melting snow.

Both with the Canon 20D and Canon 100-400L IS, iso200 and f8

1/400 at 400mm

fawn-eyes-closed.jpg

1/500 at 370mm

two-pair.jpg

I appreciate that hh. Deer are so common I don't like to post images of them unless there's something a little out of the ordinary, and I couldn't get that fawn to open its eyes. Just seemed sooooo like he was chillin'. And the car horn works wonders when you want to get deer to look alertly at the camera. grin.gif

I just wish the horizon on the deer pair image didn't run right through their heads. Would have been nicer if the grass field continued uphill, but there's only so much you can do, ya know?

Are those your deer? or the DNR's deer?

Here in Iowa,if you were to shoot a deer out of season,or unlawfully kill it in any way,you pay a replacement cost to the DNR for "their" deer [+ fines]. I think it's around $2000 per deer.

Now,when "their" deer wanders onto the highway and I hit it with my Tahoe,they should pay the damages that "their" deer inflicted,right? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

i know,i know, i'm on a state funded hiway that is "theirs" too!

Our DNR people are NOT responsible pet owners!! grin.gif

Hmmm, maybe I should photoshop in something sticking out of its mouth and add a quote from a Cheech and Chong movie. grin.gif

Nah, that'd probably be over the line, though a heck of a lot of fun. We ARE a family values site, after all. smirk.gif