• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Something I never thought about?

Fishook

I am looking at a new boat. One dealer told me they sell more boats in the darker (black/blue/red/etc.) colors than white or lighter colors. The reason - lighter colored hulls scare more fish! I know white colors reflect more light and dark colors abosorb light but what is your take on this issue? I frankly never gave any thought to this.

sounds like he has an overabundance of darker colored hulls...

I suppose in a clear water environment, the color of the boat might (tongue in cheek here) make a differrence, but when a fish looks up, I'd think it would see the darker color more than the lighter color. The lighter color would blend better against a light sky.

I will no longer wear red in a boat because I think my movements in that red color did affect the fish. I usually wear gray or white because they are cooler too..

Get a color that matches your truck...make it look good and go fishing.

Steve

I scuba dive and if you look up at a bottom of a boat It all looks about the same. The shade from being under the bottom of the boat makes it look dark anyway.

I think the dealer has a lot of dark colored boats smirk.gif