• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AQUA-VU CAMERA HOLDER

DCF

Who makes the best camera holder to keep the camera in one place or move it around the easiest. More time is spent to get it positioned just right and trying to keep it there. Looking for some ideas or sites to purchase??? Thanks

take a 2"x4" board maybe 12" long.

Cut slot half way through board laying flat.

Auger a rough opening at end of slot.

Install vexilar knob at desired height on camera cable. To rotate, lift knob, turn cable, set back in place.

With-out rough opening at end of slot the knob will spin.

I found something at Gander that works fine...for about 6.00 bucks...if my memory is correct.

I forget the name...but it looks like the lid of a five gallon bucket with a slit running from one side to the middle. on top of the lid is about three or four little cleats. you put the camera cable in middle of the slit..run the camera to the depth you want..and then tie off the cable on the cleats. You simply rotate the lid until you get the desired direction. It also acts like a hole cover..keeping it open longer...plus it would stop any item you might drop from going down the hole. It works pretty slick.

Your correct. The Gander Mountain camera holder thingy worked ok for my needs. However, I noticed that I still had to make constant corrections to keep the camera pointed at my jig and minnow. I am thinking next year getting the remote control version of the tripod for myself. Lazy huh?

No, not lazy....I thought about doing the same thing. However, it would be just more money then I wanted to spend. I would still think you would have to adjust your camera from time to time...the remote might make it easier...to each their own. Good luck

Cliffy.

I got a stand from cap's store on 65 in slp. I got it a few years back and I should also note I have the MC2X, old camera style. The stand I bought has a tri-pod design with 1 1/2 oz weights at the bottom of each leg. Then it has a puck the three legs go into, and a fourth leg that goes up and connects to the camera. You can adjust it so the camera is anywhere from 8" to 16" from the bottom and the connection to the camera is adjustable for angle. Since you always get twist in the cable from reeling it up and lowering it back down the hole, I just drop it to the bottom and rotate the camera until I see one of my jigs, then let it hit the bottom. Done deal. I haven't had to deal with the camera tipping over on me and it wont twist around since it is anchored to the lake floor.

I think it cost 10 - 15 bucks when I got it a few years ago.

Thanks,

Tom