• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Uuuuggggghhh! I thought he had it!

Cyberfish

Me too cyber, like Jeff Burton said in his interview Mark Martin is one of the nicest and best drivers to ever run in "Winston Cup" grin.gif But of course if he wasn't the one to win I was very happy to see a "HAPPY HARVICK" win!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Perchjr

Well, I'll get the debate going here about the finish. I think MM WOULD have won, had NASCAR thrown the caution instead of allowing a melee to occur. MM was ahead of Happy when the cars behind them started spinning, tumbling, crashing, you name it. I was REALLY pulling for MM, knowing Gordon's car wasn't good enough to win tonight.

I honestly can't believe they didn't throw the caution either. There was a lot of excess junk made on that last lap.

Sure wish Martin would have won. At least he finally got a bowtie to drive so he could compete!!!!!!

If anybody watched Wind Tunnel tonight they showed that if they would have thrown the yellow when the 5 was sideways (the start of the crash) that Harvick was in the lead at that point. The finish would have been the same with more cars in the pile.

I dont understand teh nascar system for throwing out the yellow. some races they are early, some they tuck it into their back pocket! It would be nice if they had it ore consistent. Its cost me a few bucks over the years!!!

I believe that the yellow didnt fly as the stuff going on behind had happenned and they didnt want to decide who was to win the race. This way they finished the race to see who really was the winner. If they would have thrown the yellow, then the Harvick fans would have been upset.

Yeah, kinda like when Jr. got hosed a few years ago and Gordo won?????

I wish they would be consistant with throwing the yellow coming to the checkered as they weren't if you compare those two instances. The wrecks were behind them, yet Gordo got the yellow and the win while last night they let them go to the finish and Harvick pulled it out. confused.gif

I'd rather see them race to the line like they did last night where the accident wasn't a factor in anyone's safety and the race could complete as usual.

I would agree with them being inconsistant sometimes. I will say this, I have flagged races and it is very easy to sit and watch versus making the call. Things happen very fast and no one can get it right all the time.

In any form of auto racing that I have watched or been involved with, there is always a percentage of the fans/ racers that are not happy after a call including me. I dont believe any flagman or track can be right all the time.

I get just as upset as the next guy does but it will never change.

I would definatly have to agree, I also would have preferred Martin over Harvick to win it at Daytona. I was obviously pulling for Kenseth to win..but oh well. I guess I was upset at the end when Kenseth started pushing up Harvick, if not for that KH would have not won. I guess I didnt see why they would have had to call a caution being how it was so close to the finish, but, that is my opinion.