• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lighting Question in the CLAM 5600

JigginIsLife

Just bought one and was wondering what people use for lighting setups... anything work better than anything else, rope lights, or lanterns, or any of the millions other ways to light a house. im just looking to see which one works the best any suggestions would be great thanks.

I've used the lanterns, rope led's, and now leds from hong kong(do a search). The hong kong are the best. They are much smaller than the regular rope leds (about 16in. instead of 4 ft.) and put out twice as much light.

I second the HonLED LED lighting. After many years of coleman lantern use, I got tired of headaches and burning eyes, broken mantles/globes, messy refills, etc. I bought LED lighting this year and I like it even more than I thought I would. It's an excellent alternative.

I made a light bar a couple years ago with internet ordered LED lights. Also have those First Ice rope lights from last year, the long ones, and haven't had any problems with them, probably because I take them down and pack them away every time and take good care of them.

Someone mentioned the Frabill hooks. They are a good investment for hanging anything.

Good luck with the lights.

I have tried a number of different led lighting solutions and would agree that the Hong Kong.___ are the best I have seen. very bright no weight and you can run them off your vex battery all day and not drain it. Only draw back is the wire on them is VERY thin and hard to work with. I will be replacing several of my other led lights with the Hong Kong version next year

Can anyone post a pic of those hong kong led lights. im looking for them but not really sure what im looking for exactly... the question im raising here is this: Is this LED light a lantern or a flashlight or how does it work. and where can i find them, not online does any retailer sell them like reeds, or GM or Cabelas??

I'm all about propane lanterns for a few reasons:

A. They're brighter than most other lighting options.

B. You can pick propane up from most bait shops anywhere in the state if you need it.

C. It helps warm up a small shack on top of lighting it.

D. Cold weather doesn't affect propane usage really while the cold will drain the charge on a battery

E. No worries about messy fill ups like white fuel lanterns

And as for the broken globes and mantles, take care of your lantern. Don't toss it around the truck and pile stuff on top of it, you don't do that to your fishing rods do you? Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you smile.gif