• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Hoffer

Nitro boats - opinions needed

Hey all-

For awhile now - I have been interested in looking at a Nitro bass boat. All my life I have fished in a Lund 16 foot fishing boat or other similar "minnesota" fishing boats. Does anyone have experience with a Nitro?? I am just wondering how they handle the water/waves. Are they strictly for fishing conditions that are real nice - ie. no wind/waves etc....I dont get out much on the big lakes - but do alot on Independance, Tonka, an occasional trip to LOW and Canada. The one thing that worried me a little too - is taking it to canada when we sometimes pull up to a rocky shoreline and pull the boats up a bit - I am guessing that is a total no-no with a Nitro or similar glass boat?

Thanks for any feedback or opinions!!

been running a 17 1/2ft dual con./90 horse Johnson Nitro since 1998.been everywhere with it,Mille Lacs/Leech/Alex....plus all of the metro lakes around the cities.

Been on the big lakes in 3-5 ft waves,and if done correctly it is plenty safe,the Nitro rides up very well

I love my boat...but want to upgade to a a larger size/more engine soon.

17 1/2ft Nitro is a great starter bass boat ,hope you make the purchase,it was worth it too me

If you have any more questions,feel free to ask

If you are goin to buy one it has to be the new one... The Z9... Its faster and lighter... In my opinion the older ones are junk and they dont ride nice at all and arnt made like alot of the rest of them, seems like they are just cheap to me. Yea i havent rod in a new one yet but have heard and read alot of good things about them.. Thats my .02 im sure someone esle will add theres smirk.gif

Hoffer: all 4 of my last boats were glass, and I am running a glass boat now. With the great keel guards made today you don't have to worry about bumping a boat up on to a shoreline. The flat granite rocks on LOW or Rainy have caused me no problems. Actually it's the baseball size rocks that are harder on the bottom.

Yes,,when the 'wife' lets me open up the checkbook..won't be this year though,

I may buy another Nitro,but there are many good bass boats on the market,so I will not buy this time because of price first.There are too many other factors to consider.

My own boat is a Lund Explorer in the same size as yours but most everyone in our bass club runs a Nitro so I get to fish out of them quite a bit and really like them. For the price they are very fine boats. The 750's are too small but the 901 is just right for 2 guys and stuff. The 750's had 90's on the back and the 901 has a 200. There is at least one model between the two that may be good as well.

I have ridden in Skeeters, Rangers, and Stratos' and, aside from size and bells/whistles, there aren't huge differences that I can tell. Others will likely take exception to this. Have not driven them and they all ride differently to a degree. The best ride I ever had was in a 21' Fisher - not sure if it was the boat or the size that caused it though.

Daze Off