• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Saw for spearing?

snapcrackpop

I use the same kind of saw as the others have meantioned. Goes quick when the ice is relatively thin. I usually start drilling more holes when the ice is like it is now. I only wish they bit into the ice a little more. It seems like most of the enery into pulling the blade into the ice, and not as much cutting the ice.

I have sold both the one mfg. in Winger and the Nils, I have tried both as well. The Nils will bend on the tip if you try to start a hole and render the saw useless. The Fishes Toy saw from Winger, you can use it as a chisel and start sawing, with no pilot hole on ice 6" or less, which is usually the case if you use your house frequently. If outside and its cold, the Oak handle on the Winger,MN saw is alot warmer then the metal handle on Nils saw.

Overall both saws work well, but my preference is the blue saw from Winger,MN.

Up here on Kabetogama, nearly everyone that throws a spear has an ice saw. I sell the Winger,MN saw for $109, when I had the Nils they were $99.

It is a no brainer toget the saw. It makes everythign so much easier as a spearing fisherman. I have had mine since they first came out, and i will never get away from them. Saves time off the auger, and helps with a better hole to look down with.