• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No rolls

harvey lee

We make weights but not no rolls. We use bank sinkers. Unless you can do it in a place you have incredible air circulation I dont advise doing it inside and its just way way too cold to get lead to pour properly outside.

rob is right about that. we poured a bunch of weights towards the end of last last summer and the odors coming off those puppies is not one you want to have indoors. we used tire weights and old weights and it works great, you just don't want to be breathing that smoke.

Did someone say No-Rolls??

I figured it out last year.

10 lbs furnace

1 Do it mold

some misc. spoons ect.

and

lead at .35 cents a pound

(I heard it was at .50 cents now)

It took me just under 200 4 oz no rolls to break even at the price catfish (you know who) was charging last year. (sorry I don't recall the price.)

I enjoy pouring them...but I'm finding less and less time to do it.

Free wheel weights are good, but whew...I'm a smoker and won't do any quantity of them. Even the relativly clean scrap lead I've bought is melted into a mini cupcake tin outside. Then melted again for pouring.

It's fun to pour...sometimes it isn't all about the pennies. wink.gif

Sounds like a lot of work to me...

I just let other guys pour them and then beg & plead on hands and knees for a pile of weights. smile.gif

One major, major issue that has been mentioned a number of times is the smoke issue from melting down lead. There are a lot of impurities and toxins that can get in the air and your lungs from doing this. Spending a few bucks at the local shop or ordering them is not such a bad idea.

I think Scenic Tackle still makes & sells No-Rolls. Moore's Bait in the cities has them in all the weights. I've seen them at various Scheel's stores. And of course Catfish Connection sells them.