• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Propane refills

If you an not aware of it, Reel Fishing and Tackle offers propane refill services for all sizes of propane tanks. We can refill tanks from the 5lb size to the 100lb size. We fill tanks while you wait and all hours we are open, 7 days a week, all year around.

We also carry the 1lb cylinders

It's a little cold now, but we also fill RV tanks. Just pull up to our pumping station.

Joe, Matt and Katy

Quote:

So the price is the same if my tank is empty or half full?

Yes. Until the propane companies come up with a better way for the retailers to measure the tanks accurately, it is the only way we can do it.

However, we will do our best to tell you ahead of time approximately how full your tank is. I have turned away refills when I feel the tank is fairly full.

I have filled tanks before and yes it would take alot of time and you would never know how much was in there exactly. That is why I own three tanks. You can let one run low or out and always have another to hook up.

I always have at least 1 full one on hand for these cold days.

Andy, on your tank there should be a number stamped in the ring that will tell you the tare weight or empty weight. Now, weight your tank and subtract the tare weight from the total tank weight and that should give you tha weight of the propane in your tank.

I believe this is the correct method. Full weight minus the tare weight = amount of propane in the tank.