• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Soooo sick of it already

DTro

I wish I could have been fishing in this cold, instead I stood outside for 8 hours working at mount kato. I dont care what you guys say, I wouldnt mind the highs being in the mid thirties like it was in the good old days of December and January.

Had about -10 Fri night at Middle Thompson Lake in NW Montana...Me and my buddy were camped out in my pop up camper so we could get everything set up for yesterdays Perch Assault tournament. Sure we burned some propane, but you should have heard all the guys talking about how cold it was as they stepped out of their nice warm pick-ups after an hours drive to the lake...All I could say was..."Really? I hadnt noticed"!!!

Bring it on Ol Man Winter, bring it on......

Quote:

It keeps the "rif-raf" off the lakes!

That's right. I believe that's what the late governor Wendall Anderson said about our state. I think he also said something along the lines of "California is the blonde you want to take out on a date and Minnesota is the girl you want to take home to your parents."

Quote:

"California is the blonde you want to take out on a date and Minnesota is the girl you want to take home to your parents."

I did both! wink.gif Except she's a brunette. smirk.gif She handles the winters pretty good though.

Quote:

Quote:

It keeps the "rif-raf" off the lakes!

That's right. I believe that's what the late governor Wendall Anderson said about our state. I think he also said something along the lines of "California is the blonde you want to take out on a date and Minnesota is the girl you want to take home to your parents."

What a remarkable Coincidence! grin.gif For years I have been saying something similar along those lines when I compair Winnipeg, Manitoba to Vancouver, British Columbia and Toronto, Ontario!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Last night here in the Keystone Province the mercury dropped down to 38.2 below F, guaranteed that will frost your pumpkin wink.gif

In 1996, Feb 3, to be exact the mercury in MN hit -60 F

it was below zero throughout the state for 21 days straight and we had a lot of snow. It was -38 at my house that day that I observed. I went fishing all throughout the cold and the fishing was great. No one else on the lake! My house was insulated very well and I kept the heat on for near 6 weeks. I sometimes would leave my pickup run for hours as I fished, gas was a little cheaper. glad to report that last night after helping my sister with a dead battery, my wife and I made it out fishing for a couple hours. The crappies were biting fair, and I caught a bonus 9.5 inch bluegill. 23 feet of water 10 feet down. There was only one other house out of 30 in the area that had fishermen! Might get out for some more C&R crappie action tonight. Good luck to all of you who can enjoy a nice winter day! Brent