• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster blade??

ole matty

Question

aint sure where to post on but here goes.. i bought new blade for my strikemaster lazer mag weeks ago and tried it out yesterday.. its still cut the hole like its dull. took me 3 mins to cut 2 holes.. i tired different speed to get it going but wldnt cut good what to do??

thanks

5 answers to this question

The strikemasters in the psat had problems with the auger to blade supports breaking/cracking and then the pitch of the blades would be off just a bit and enough to make cutting a real pain. My friends that had strikemsaters took them to Big Lake and they fixed them up, cleaned them and got them running like new for very cheap.

Im a Nils guy but Strikemaster has been good to my friends who have them.

If you have a newer one with the point in the middle it needs to be sharp. I had the same problem and found a big burr on the center point, I filed it sharp and now it drills like a dream.

I don't re-open alot of holes with mine, but the ones I have done have went great. My auger cut just as good as it does when drilling a new hole. I have a Strikemaster Lazer mag express. The blades aren't new, but still cut fine. I think I have ran about 6 tanks of gas through the auger since I bought it last year, and the blades are the ones that came on it.

You might need new blades or your auger shaft could be bent?

Hope you get it figured out.