• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Oil Blow By

HarryG

Question

I have a strikemaster Lazer and it works fine. But I am getting a lot of Oil coming out of my muffler. I am using an oil designed for air cooled 2 cycles. Last year it did not do this nearly as much but I cannot recall as to what I did differently. I know this was posted before, but I cannot find it.

Thanks HarryG

8 answers to this question

Are you mixing it at 24:1 like it's recommended? Mine did the same thing even when mixed correctly (resulting in Zebra striped walls), so I switched to Amsoil Sabre synthetic 2-stroke lubricant mixed at 80:1. You can mix it as thin as 100:1 (recommended), but I would rather err on the thick side as I only mix 1 gallon at a time. No more watery eyes, no more striped walls, no more 15 minutes of airing out the house (now 2-3 minutes), no more goo on the muffler. Do a search for this product here and you will be impressed. Oh yeah, if the performance doesn't sell you the price will: 8 oz for around $5.00 when I bought it, and you are mixing it MUCH thinner so it lasts longer. There is a distributor that posts here (Oilman?) and I think they may be a sponsor.

McGurk has the solution to your problem.

Those little bottles of oil that Strikemaster sells are junk.

A couple years ago, I had some extra Klotz synthetic snowmobile oil laying around. I mixed up a gallon with the Klotz and ran it in my auger for most of that winter. It was sort of an experiment and it worked. There was absolutely no oily residue leaking out of the muffler. The only problem was Klotz has a very distint odor that I got sick of smelling while ice fishing.

So... now I run Amsoil Saber and couldn't be happier. Very little to no smoke. No obnoxious smell. And no black goop leaking out of my auger muffler.

Make the switch, you'll be happy!

Quote:

I have a strikemaster Lazer and it works fine. But I am getting a lot of Oil coming out of my muffler. I am using an oil designed for air cooled 2 cycles. Last year it did not do this nearly as much but I cannot recall as to what I did differently.

I had the exact same issue with mine this year. I called strikemaster and they said to change the oil mixture after 1 year to something around a 40:1-50:1. I received the sample from the oilman (thanks again) of the Amsoil Sabre which is recommended at 100:1 it took care of the problem shortly after switching.

To clean up the leftover residue on the muffler I sprayed some wd-40 on it while it was cold and it wiped off easily with a paper towel. I then let it run for a while and kept a paper towel handy to remove the rest of the blowout.

I am very happy with my switch to Amsoil.

I use amsoil in all my 2 cycle engines, snowmobile,chain saw, weed wip,outboard,ice auger. I mix it 80 to one and have one gas can. Would not go back to all those different mixes if I was paid to. wink.gif

I think I used Synthetic Snowmobile Oil. I forgot I had it. I put the new oil and new gas in my auger and it seems to have less smoke. I think that is what I did last year. Amsoil is on my list to buy. Thanks for the help. Now if I could only catch a fish. LOL

I have been using Opti2 for quite a few years now at a 100-1 and just recently received a package of Amsoil Sabre to mix from the Oilman on this site and I have been running it in my new Nils auger at 100-1 and it's working flawlessly too . When I run out of either I have no issues with buying amsoil and if I wasn't comfortable with it I wouldn't even have tested it in my brand new Nils . It's a great product as is Opti 2 and none of the mess that accompanies the cheap stuff thats out there . I gave a couple of gallons of the other 2 stroke junk away over the last couple of years and will never go back to it and will only use amsoil or opti2 in all my rigging whether it be my snowmachine,my jiffy,my trimmer,my chainsaw,my nils,my outboard and even my old atv 3 wheeler or whatever else I have . One can and one mix ratio works for them all and I run it with confidence .

PS.Thanks again for the sample pack Oilman . Amsoil works great .

TD