• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quill lakes Honker

Hey Flick-

I remember a discussion a loooooonnngggg time ago about the Quill Lakes Honker and you stated, and I quote,

"God I'd love to shoot one of those!"

Congrats man!

Here are a couple other photos from that topic of Quill geese-

quill.jpg

quill2.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

Here is a link to that topic for those who are interested-

What Kind of Goose is This?

Thanks Andrew.

Nobody really knows what causes it. Everyone is different. They tend to migrate more in the Central Flyway. They're not common by all means but they do get seen and shot. I saw one group shot 4 on one hunt. They waited to shoot em though after they had the majority of their limit.

I hope you do post pictures of that bad boy once it is all done. I am wondering if anyone has any scientific reasons for this kinda stuff. i am kinda looking for more than speculations. would be great toknow why this happens and if there are more reasons than one and how to tell the difference in the feild.

ike