• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call me crazy..

Rost

yep ! you're crazy! BUT not alone! grin.gif i have been getting the open water fix, shore fishing til the last couple of days( even the small gils and crappies felt good on my st. croix ultra lite!). but now have to wait . AGAIN!

Being I haven't caught a fish since October 14, I'm going crazy whether it's open water or ice! crazy.gif

I am though really looking forward to the open water season this year. Got a boat last fall that I'm just itching to get out on the water again! Can't wait to get trolling rods and line counter reels to troll cranks which is something I've not really done before. My kids are getting older and more independent (which means more fishing time for me!). My son will be coming up on 4yrs old this summer, so I'm really looking forward to getting him out on a few panfish bites!

Call me crazy too, but I'm going a bit bezerk waiting for the open water season too! grin.gif

Mr. Crazy,

Yep, I've been playing with my new Shimano Calais 201A... ($380 reel I rec'd as a present grin.gif) Bring on the open water. Till then a weekly ice fishing venture will have to suffice. It doesn't cure the itch, but it helps relieve a few symptons.

Rost, They might put us in the same rubber room. I was down in KY last week and my brother just got back from his cabin at Cumberland Lake. Made me think lots about open water. I would have loved to get out there, but I was there for a funeral.

I like ice fishing, but no where near as much as open water. I've got a fishing buddy that lives just south of Orlando in the winter and he wants me to come down for some fishing in Feb. I'm thinking I'm going to take him up on it. Then the Rainy opens up in late March, some local Looper fishing on Lake Superior, maybe a trip to Redwing, then the MN opener, and were off again.