• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zercom flasher?

sparky88

I have the LCF-40 and i like it a lot. It is easy to read and its really accurate. It's black and white so you dont have to worry about all the other colors. I think they are a good flasher for the price of them. I hope this helps you out.

I have a Zercom Colorpoint flasher. Have had it for a number of years now. It works great. I haven't even had to replace the battery. It is a little louder than the newer models, and it doesn't have an interference filter so once in a while I will get some interference on the dial, but other than that it has been a great unit. One concern would be the fact that I don't think they make them anymore, at least I haven't seen a Zercom brand anything for quite a while so repairs may be an issue.

They are ok. Like others said, they are no longer made and service may be problem. I fished with a clearwater classic a few times about a decade ago and thought it was a very good unit at the time.

If you plan on fishing weeds, they can be a problem seeing your presentation. They may also have interference issues with some other units.

If you can spend a bit more money, you would be better served by picking up a Marcum or a Vexilar, IMO.

I had a LCF40 for a couple of years. It was a nice little unit and worked perfectly when fishing alone. It had enough power to shoot through the ice which was nice. Like others have mentioned, it has interference issues so I upgraded to a Marcum. I gave it to someone else and he can't use it at all when I have my Marcum on or someone else has there FL-18 turned while fishing together.

I had the Zercom Colorpoint as well and loved it. A few problems I had were that it does spin a little louder then the Vex and there is no Interference Rejecter (IR). I may be wrong but I though Marcum bought them out since they use the same three colors but like I said, I'm not sure. The best thing I liked about it were the lines of resolution. Very fine, thin lines compared to the Vex where one fish shows up as a much fatter red line.

I use a Zercom Colorpoint and I like it. When I bought mine I could have purchased a Vexilar FL8 or the Colorpoint. Those were the only two color flashers then. The only issues that I have had so far is the battery finally died this year and the interference from other Vexilar's in the same portable. I don't get interference from them if they are about 10' away.

One thing that I didn't like about them right away was the transducer holder. I got rid of that and bought a foam float for a Vexilar. It even fits inside the soft case. I also picked up a Vexilar battery gauge and just stuck that to the battery with velcro.

If I were to buy one used I wouldn't pay more than $125 for it. You can get a Vexilar FL8 for about $150 used and it is a better graph just because of the IR button.

Quote:

I use a Zercom Colorpoint and I like it. When I bought mine I could have purchased a Vexilar FL8 or the Colorpoint. Those were the only two color flashers then.

That was about the time I bought my Colorpoint as well. The reason I was sold on Colorpoint was it had a nice carrying case where Vex just had the bluebox. Wow. Have times changed! smile.gif

The Colorpoint worked great and caught me lots of fish. The one downfall was it picked up a lot of interference from other flashers and you couldn't tune it out. I sold it a few years back and is probably providing the gentleman that bought it from me lots of enjoyment.

I think you would be disappointed if you buy that Zercom. They are OLD technology and some units can be very undependable. My brother in law had one back in the day when I had a FL8. The FL8 was a much better machine back then. Unless you do not fish much and get the Colorpoint for $20, I wouldn't buy it.

Justin