• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone else have the itch?

so haaad

Does anyone else have the itch to get out in the woods again? Maybe it's the fresh snow, but all this week I can't stop thinking about sitting out in the woods again! I might need to get out get there again tonight, even if it's just for a walk. grin.gif

I did over the Holiday break. Walked through a state park quite a bit for fun and scouting for special hunts next year. Saw and jumped lots of deer from their beds. Good time to do it versus next year/Summer right before season starts. I think I will have to get out to go shed hunting later this month and next month.

Yeah, I get the itch all the time. Sometimes I leave for work early in the morning and there are those mornings when you just think you should be loading up the bow and heading out in the woods. Sometimes it just smells right, you know. Can't wait until Turkey season or even crow busting.

I hear ya - I'm definitely not ready for the season to be over! I had a NY's fishing weekend planned and with the fresh snow and no wind it would've been a perfect weekend to be on stand attempting to fill the last tag. Still get to get out and scout and pick out trees for next year and look for sheds though.

Sure. Tough buggers to hit though. This year is the first year I haven't had a shot at a fox while on stand. I've missed 3 reds and a gray all within 30yds in the past 5 years... You think a whitetail is jumpy at close range! I've killed plenty of squirrels so it's not that I'm that terrible of a shot either!