• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Diamond Jigs

jphersh22

Has anyone used the Custom Jigs and Spins Diamond Jigs? I ordered a bunch of them today and they look great, at least in pictures. I'm a die-hard Fat Boy user, but I like the idea of the hook angle on these and the wider body for better flasher singal. The paint schemes look good too. I hope they're as nice as they look. They're also cheaper than the similar Swedish style baits.

The Optic Stealth from Little Atom really is a sweet lure. Like Bob said, if you like the Diamond Jig, you'll love the Optic Stealth. I've still got to get my order in for some more Little Atom products but these guys have been in business for a long time, and have invented many of the lures that are currently being copied by other companies. They are not very well known yet in MN but are extensively used by the top ice anglers in the Midwest.

One thing I dislike about the Diamond jigs is those stupid beads and that little plastic tubing on them. Lots of folks are snapping the beads off with a needlenose and then cutting the tubing off, including me.

Quote:

stupid beads and that little plastic tubing on them

Anybody know why they are on there? It must have cost more to make them like that during manufacturing. Right?

My guess is the bead makes a rattle sound and the tube can hold a waxie maybe? I don't know. confused.gif

I have fished with the stealth, the diamond and the marmooska. They all fish fast. By that I mean if you're fishing twenty plus feet, they get back down the hole and sink fast. The small size and heavy weight makes them great for the gills I fish on Lake Zumbro.

I like the red beed on them. I think it adds some movement when quivering the jig? At least thats what I tell myself. The tube does come off though. I think the diamond cut may just give off some more flash too? Who knows. I do know 90% of the battle is psychological. If you have faith in something you will use it more, thus catching more fish on it.

I just tried the diamonds last night and caugthbig gills and big crappies on them in the same hole. My point is that they seem to be versitile enough, good profile, sink fast. I only used the glow red and it worked fine. They hold a charge ok. I would echo the use of the bead and plastic tubing. the bead has to be to attract...i guess.

Try em.