• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

deepest lake in MN?

arctic_scrap1

I have heard that Portsmouth is deeper than 450'. When I lived in the area I thought I had seen a map that had it listed as being over 600' If it isn't deeper than 450' it wouldn't be the deepest. The DNR Lakefinder HSOforum has the Embarrass Mine Pit at 465'.

That list isn't showing a lot of lakes with deep water. Kekekabic in the B'dub is 195' Big Trout on the Whitefish Chain is well over 100'. Pelican in the Brainerd area is over 100'.

There have been lake trout stocked in a few mine pits in the state.

Wouldn't have to worry about that....I doubt any fish that we catch would go down that far. But, if it did and someone somehow hooked it ( we'er talking hypothetics here) at some point on the way up it would explode and all the you would probably bring up is a head and some shreds, if that?

I wonder if there is anything that lives at those depths? Some kind of weird fish like they photograph in the ocean at extreme depths, out of those submersibles? Something with huge teeth and big sightless eyes?

Little McDonald in Ottertail county. A distant relative took me to a spot as a kid before electonics where I ran out of 75 supposed yards of line on a stock Daiwa reel. Impressed the hell out of me. I might have to go back and try to graph it. Doubt I could find the land marks anymore though.