• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Electric Fillet Knife?

zachp

I'm getting a new electric fillet knife(cordless) and am wondering which is the best one. I know of a couple poeple that have the rapala cordless and hate it, and also know of a couple that have it and love it...the one i'm leaning towards is the Anglers Best Pro 80, anybody have this knife, and if so how does she perform?

After doing some research i've decided to just go with the corded model rapala, i figure about 95% of my filleting is done right in front of an outlet anyways, if i need to fillet a fish on the ice i can get by with a old fashioned fillet knife.

I agree with matt, been using Mister Twister Elec. Fillet knife for I believe 8 years now. Same one too, works great. Once you get the hang of it, it's almost like art work. No wasting any meat and is very quick. My cleaning area allows me to run a 5ft extension cord which makes dealing with the short cord on the knife much easier. Not a huge hassle.

Tightlines,

GatorBait

I had a Mr. Twister it was great until I wore it out. I have since just bought a cheap electric knife and works just the same. (With cord of course) And if you want the different blades most interchange with each other.

I have a Mister Twister with cord as well. Anxious to use it if we get ice frown.gif I fillet all the eyes I catch by hand usually they don't take very long but when you have a pile of pannies in fronto you the two step approach with son works wonders.