• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Food Plots on public land???

Swill

I don't know if it is legal or not but we wanted to do some but didn't know. We thought since it was not tilled it would be legal but there isn't a good definition if it is legal or not. I would find a hole and try it if you trust the land and know it aint going to get taken from ya.

I think tealitup is probably right, it's definately not ok on State and Federal land but might be okay on County Land.

I know that lots of DNR, COs, Forest Rangers, etc. are not very happy with the no-till marketing that says to just dump out the seeds where you hunt. For one thing it's not always legal, and for another it introduces non-native species to an area where they haven't been before.

My guess is that without soil prep you won't get much of anything to grow whether you try it or not.