• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking to buy a used sled

Kyle Sandberg

I would get a 500 with a studded track. That would give you the traction you need on ice. You could consider a 700 and use it for sledding as well, but a 500 is a light, easy sled.

A polaris supersport 488 fan-cooled was my first "fish House sled."

I would pick the brand that your buddies ride so you have people that can help fix it if you have problems.

Remember, you get what you pay for. If you want a $500 sled, then that is what you will have.

K-Dawg. I saw a 1998 Poloris with trailer with low miles, reverse, electric start, and trailer for 1900 on Gervais lake in Little Canada. Might work for you. I just picked up an entry level sled this winter as well to pull all my gear

Oh boy, a lot of people would answer that question being very brand specific (brand X is awsome and brand Y is junk), but the thing I have noticed is there is no consistancy. With that said I own a polaris with the 600 liberty motor and I am suprised at how reliable it has been. A mechanic once told me "they all break" I couldn't agree more. Buy something that you can get a good deal on and cross your fingers, that's what I would suggest. Another tip I would offer is be very careful about buying someone elses problems.

Around 1998 manufacturers started really increasing the suspension on the sleds I would look for that and newer.

there are a couple of other sites that have some pretty good deals on sleds lately. from $400-800 alot of sleds mostly 600 class size. you can pick up a snowmobile trader or go to their web listing. i know atlest 4 sled forums i'm on alot and a few more i check ocasionally.