• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Storing Bow

I am new to the archery game as this year was the first year I have been out. My question is---are there any tips that I need to know about storing my bow for the off-season? I bought a new bow this past season and want to make sure that I am doing all the necessary things to make sure that it stays ready for the next year (which cannot come soon enough)! Examples...Do I store it inside vrs. outside, do I do anything with the strings, etc....Thanks!

Really not a whole lot to it.. I store my bow inside. If I am not going to use it for a long peroid of time I will back the limbs down. Be sure to not back them down too far...that would be bad! A nice wax job on the string, and that should be about it.

I havn't backed my limbs down for a few years now on my bow as I shoot it at least 1-2 times a month all winter for giggles and some indoor tournaments.. then there is spring 3D, and by that time its time to get in shape for the next archery season. Archery is not just a fall sport.

If you are looking for a good case...

I bought the Plano bow case and I love it. Unlike other cases, the Plano holds the bow upright so everything is protected and not resting on the sights, arrow rests, etc.

If you know you aren't gonna shoot her in a while an option is to go to the archery shop and have em break er down - take the cable and string right off for winter. No tension on anything this way - which for an old bow if fine, for a new one(keeping it together) it may help with getting the string/cable stretch out of the way, I really don't know - haven't had a new bow in awhile frown.gif. But when you're ready to start flingin arrows, take it back to the shop, have them lube the limb pockets and put er back together. Again, probably more of an option for an old bow vs a new one. Just my .02 here, I'm no archery guru. Later.