• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grey squirrel enjoying pumpkin

Actually Steve, this is a gray squirrel. I was unable to get a photo of a fox squirrel at the pumpkin because every time I would crack the door open a little he would head my way and start begging for a peanut. The fox squirrels are so spoiled around here. The grays are much more skittish.

Considering my camera, the colors may not be rendered accurately and as far as the brown on the tail, I believe that is a reflection from the pumpkin.

Thanks for the compliment.

BTW, here is my friendly little fox squirrel. 307043741_18f47a1511.jpg

X, I'm going to kindly differ with you on that ID. I see there's a more intense wash of orange on the tail near the pumpkin, but there's a definite golden hue on the back of the tail and on other portions of the squirrel not affected by the color shifting from the pumpkin. It's not as bright an individual as the one you posted after, but it still looks like a foxy to me. I've noted a lot of variation in pelage.

That being said, I could be wrong (certainly have been before), and it's a great capture no matter which species you've got there. grin.gif