• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One week

One more week until I can finally level my shotgun at a Deer. This fall has been tough up here in Minnesota, two guys I teach with went out every weekend (3 of them) and my other buddy shot a big 10 pter last weekend, I have been watching the weather, no snow it looks for now, but the Temperature drops Wednesday night, so things should be hopping on Saturday........

I'm with you Picks, not long now! cool.gif

Have been watching a couple nice bucks since fall harvest and am itching to get after them. The forecast for Iowa has been changing about everyday now, even mentioning some light snow around mid week, you know weather guys thou wink.gif, it can change as fast too. Just have to wait and see how system to the west comes out of the mountains. Should be atleast cold air in place.

What part of the state are you going to be trying in?

Good luck on this years hunt.

Farmer

3 Days and counting. I have been lucky enough to be drawn for the fourth year in a row for SW Iowa.

After having one of my best seasons ever in Minnesota I am hoping to continue with a monster from Iowa.

Good Luck.

Todd

I will be crossing the border in about 48 hours, I have been packed since saturday night. Hopefully there will be about an inch of snow on the ground saturday morning.

Landowner saw one big buck and one very big buck saturday afternoon, never left the property, just crossed a field to the pond area....

I talked to the land owner the other night. He told me that the rut is slowing down. He has seen 3 very impressive bucks in the last two weeks. One is a 12 point that is high and wide. I hope I see him before he see's me.

I should be crossing into Iowa at about 8 AM Friday. I have to pack tonight. Then repack on Thurday just to make sure I didn't forget anything.

Good Luck

Todd

I hunted the second week of November during the Minnesota hunt. I hunt down by Lyle/London MN right near the Iowa border. Us hunters in the area always see something strange every year. Whenever we do a drive the deer 90% sprint towards the Iowa border (if they make it past my muzzel grin.gif). Every now and then they will stop as soon as they cross State Line Street within 100 yards from the road and just relax for a few minutes. Its like they know right where the boundary is where they are safe. Does anyone ever see this happen where the deer run into MN? I've seen geese fly high until they get to a refuge, they dive bomb and fly low as soon as they cross the boundary. Amazing how smart some animals are laugh.gif

Quote:

I hunted the second week of November during the Minnesota hunt. I hunt down by Lyle/London MN right near the Iowa border. Us hunters in the area always see something strange every year. Whenever we do a drive the deer 90% sprint towards the Iowa border (if they make it past my muzzel
grin.gif
). Every now and then they will stop as soon as they cross State Line Street within 100 yards from the road and just relax for a few minutes. Its like they know right where the boundary is where they are safe. Does anyone ever see this happen where the deer run into MN? I've seen geese fly high until they get to a refuge, they dive bomb and fly low as soon as they cross the boundary. Amazing how smart some animals are
laugh.gif

WJ, In about 8 hours, the exodus will be heading the other way, Grab a muzzle loader, and wait at the border. Once Iowa opens, all those border bucks will be headed North.

I see it happen here all the time, both ways.