• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any end of the rut tips?

96trigger

Just thought I'd ask if there was anybody out there that has had success with certain tactics on bucks towards the end of the rut. I think that down here it's slowed down dramatically. I don't think the deer will be responding to rattling or buck grunts anymore. Anybody else have any tips?

And remember 28 days from now unbred does will go into estrous again, not as intense as the primary, but another good time to fill a tag....mature bucks will remain nocturnal after the gun season for quite some time, feeding at night and bedding in heavy cover. Once the temperature drops into single digits, the need to feed is greater therefore intercepting a buck is more of a possibility. Snow is your friend, as it will reveal locations and travel routes, do some scouting and it could happen. I still have my buck tag and am hoping to find a nice one yet myself...

Does this mean the rut is pretty much over? I haven't been able to bow hunt once this year because of school, and its killing me. I'm coming back for thanksgiving and for gun hunting in SE MN, just wondering if anyone has still witnessed some sign of the rut still going on or not, Thanks!