• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IPOD Nano, I need help?

Ely Lake Expert

This past week I won a IPOD Nano in a raffle and I really don't know how to use it well. I took all of my cd's and ripped them onto windows Media player, then I took the ipod plugged it into the computer, then I tried to sync the music onto the ipod. It said on WMP that it was transferred but when I look on the ipod i cant find it confused.gif I talked to a buddy of mine that has a dell ipod and he seemed to think that I may need to download apple's I-tunes, but I can't on my work computer and I only have dial up at home. Is it possible to add songs with windows media player? Is it possible to change the songs from WMA's to MP3's and is that neccessary?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Ryan

I am no expert with my ipod yet, but I do know you need I- Tunes loaded on to your computer. I seem to remember my ipod came with a CD. I too, only have dial up. Yesterday I tried to move songs from another media program to I-tunes and can not get it to work. I have heard I-tunes is real picky about what it will do outside of the program. It does work real slick if you load CD's in to I-tunes while you are online. It will automatically load the names of the cd, song titles, genre of music and from what era. So, my suggestion is to somehow load Itunes on to your computer, get your Ipod registered online and just play around from there. Good luck, it does take some time to learn the program.

If using Windows XP, then the iPod will recognize as a removable device if you go into "My Computer". Double click on the removable device icon and you should see a folder for "Music" (or something like that). Just copy your MP3s in there and it should be that easy.

Quote:

Is it possible to change the songs from WMA's to MP3's and is that neccessary?

You ripped your CD's with Windows Media Player so your songs are WMA's right now, I-Pods will not play WMA's, so you have to convert them to MP3's.

You should have I-Tunes if not get it.

Roxio or Nero could convert them for you also.

Quote:

Is it possible to change the songs from WMA's to MP3's and is that neccessary?

Starting with Windows Media Player 10 I believe you can rip the songs in mp3 format. You just need to go into the options and change it from the default (WMA) to mp3. I put all my files on with WMP and haven't had any issues.

Quote:

Are you using the Sync selection in Windows Media Player to upload your songs to your I-Pod?

Download I-Tunes.
confused.gif

YES.

I tried downloading Itunes, but since I am trying to do it at work, I get a message "This can not be downloaded without administrative permission, please log on as administator and try again"

Every office that I know of blocks employees from downloading anything onto work computers. That is pretty standard operation these days. In my office we can't even change the clock on our computer without Admin approval.

Your only option for getting I tunes will be through your home computer. I have dial up at home as well and it is slow but you should be able to download I tunes with it. Just be patient with it and give it time.