• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best rock and roll band of all TIME!!! vote for your fav!

Kodiak

Quote:

Rush!

Not another one. I STILL don't see what is so fantastic about these guys. Especially considering an old roommate of mine actually argued with me that Geddy Lee was a woman. I said he wasn't he just sang like one.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it took me a long time to jump on the rush bandwagon. it wasn't till i started playing the guitar and hanging out with other musicians that i started to hear the greatness. sure, it's hard to get over that voice, but those three guys are some of the best at their instuments, and it shows.

Just not a fan, think their songs aren't the best written, and don't see whats so standout about any of them. We have all been into this before, and Peart, to me, doesn't do anything most drummers can't do. Lee isn't near as good on the bass as Billy Sheehan, and that voice makes me want to stick wood splinters into my fingernails. My personal best at their instruments are drums- John Bonham, guitar- Eddie Van Halen or Stevie Vai and bass Billy Sheehan. Singer, I would have to go with David Coverdale or Ray Gillian the former lead singer of Badlands, who sadly has passed away.

Quote:

Quote:

John Bonham, guitar- Eddie Van Halen or Stevie Vai and bass Billy Sheehan. Singer, I would have to go with David Coverdale or Ray Gillian the former lead singer of Badlands

These are guys not from any one band, but from seperate bands that I think are very good with their instruments, that's all.

What band is that???????????

Here's my take guys,

Been there and done that, I have seen almost every band that has been batted about here except two and I am kicking myself for never having done so. First is The Doors, though I would never put them up as the numero uno of all time. The other band that I never got a chance to see and can never do so is by far, hands down, no arguement, the Best Rock and Roll band of All time and only a few of you have chimed in with them.....Drum Roll Please....

The Mop Tops from Liverpool, THE BEATLES!

End of discussion, it started with them and ended with them. Every band has been an offshoot of The Fab Four.

Windy

That is a very true statement Windy - but just who decides if an opinion is correct? The opinionated or the opinionee?

When we want your opinion.....

Opinions are like......

I used to have an opinion, but then I got married!

There is something to be said for classic rock. I didn't see any mentions of Alice Cooper. His songs, "Only Women Bleed," "Welcome to My Nightmare," "Ballad of Dwight Fry," "Billion Dollar Babies," and "I Never Cry," are some of the best. I got the box set of The Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper last year. Some good songs. I'm too old to listen to some of the heavy rock my kids listen(or should I say, have too loud)to. What's the saying; "If it's too loud, you're too old!!"

Quote:

Here's my take guys,

Been there and done that, I have seen almost every band that has been batted about here except two and I am kicking myself for never having done so. First is The Doors, though I would never put them up as the numero uno of all time. The other band that I never got a chance to see and can never do so is by far, hands down, no arguement, the Best Rock and Roll band of All time and only a few of you have chimed in with them.....Drum Roll Please....

The Mop Tops from Liverpool, THE BEATLES!

End of discussion, it started with them and ended with them. Every band has been an offshoot of The Fab Four.

Windy

GOD bless that guy

Eric Burdon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One his own or with the animals, he is great. One of the best double albums of all time it "Stop/Sun Secrets". I listen to that on over and over. I also am a large Rolling Stones,Who,Jimmy,Janice,Beatle's,Kinks,George Therogood,ZZ Top, Led Zep, Wings,Country Joe, Sly and Familey Stone,Neil Young (reactor album is my fav.), Small Faces, Faces, Ac/DC,Eric Clapton, Cream, John Lennon and Yoko, Crosby Stills and Nash, Greatfull Dead, Alomond Bro's, Queen, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, The Late great "Frank Zappa",

Judas Priest, Blue Ouster Cult, are may favorites. I know there are about a hundred more, but all of them deserve to go down as greats.

Give regards to broad steet,

SHACKBASH

P.S.

All most forgot the Doors!