• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

weather??

jbtwins24

so whats up with this weather?? i dont know about you but im not liking this weather that we're haven. i honestly cant complain about it if i wasnt hunting but im hunting now and im complaining about it. i also think its going to screw up the rut maybe not though. i just dont get the highs are in the 80's, is this normal in minnesota, im from cali so i dont know what to expect.

The rut is set by lenght of light per day.When it is on,it will be on.It may just make the bucks slow down and run later.Long time untill the rut and the weather will cool.

There have been many a day that I have hunted pheasants in mid October in the 70's.It will cool.

U have to remember this is minnesota- 90 one day 0 the next. Its only the first of Oct. we had kinda a cold strech for a bit now its a bit above normal. My first year of hunting it was 60 the first day. Shot my first deer towards dark, gutted it and were going to come and get it after dark. Didnt get to it til next day under foot of snow. Last year i muzzleloaded in the rain and i am in northeren mn. Don't worry about the rut it will come and go as usual, besides there are alot of days before and after that to get that big buck, the rut doesnt guarentee success. It boils down to scouting and persistence and persistence and scouting, oh and practice. wink.gif